We are optimistic about the mainstream market for global medical products, including acute and severe diseases, cancer, infectious diseases, and aging. Taiwan has many advantages in the medical, IC, communications, and mechanical industries allowing for the development of smart medical care. Dah Young development of a yarn coating machine for metal conductive yarn in 2018 provided the research and learning to develop an antibacterial/antiviral decorative coating machine, giving us an advantage over the active epidemic prevention technology. Additionally, we invested in new coating development to increase the surface smoothness, friction resistance, anti-sticking functionality on the substrate, which are applied to various medical supplies and equipment.
Implants: bones, joints, heart valves, bone hardware
With the advancement of coating technology, the biomedical industry has also begun to use clinically proven thin film technology to support the improvement of biomedical materials.
- ZrO2 film: Co-alloy substrates (artificial joints, dentistry) used in surgical implant applications improve corrosion resistance.
- Diamond-like membrane (DLC): It has a high degree of biocompatibility and is quite stable in the body. It will not release harmful ions or cause discomfort. Therefore, DLC is used in artificial heart valves to reduce the adsorption of platelets. Additionally, DLC is used on artificial knee and hip joint replacements providing a hard smooth surface to reduce the friction coefficient in turn reducing associated post-surgery pain.
Medical peripheral equipment: scalpel, Orthodontic devices
- Scalpel:To prevent infections, scalpels are coated with hydrophobic, antibacterial and non-stick properties.
- Orthodontic devices: Are coated with hydrophobic and oleophobic technology to prevent the adhesion of food residues.
Ceramic coatings have excellent hardness, fire resistance, corrosion resistance and chemical stability properties, available in many colors to choose from. The use of appropriate ceramics to coat the surface of the object can improve its mechanical and chemical properties.
- Inorganic antibacterial agents ( silver, copper and zinc) are used for coating of articles, which have the functions of anti-virus and color decoration.
- The antiviral coating physical properties are less harmful to the environment and virus mutation, with long-term stability.
- The anti-virus coating can reduce the chance of a virus contacting the human body.