R2R Hybrid Coater
The Darly Hybrid Multi-Layer (HMLTM) Vacuum Web Coater is leading the way for innovation of vacuum deposited organic and inorganic coatings onfilm substrates. The continuous roll- to-roll HMLTM process is suitable for large scale production of high quality thin films with unmatched production efficiency and product development capability.
A multi-layer, organic - inorganic - organic, structure is deposited on films at high speeds in a single pass with zero pinholes. The HMLTM process applies the organic material contained within the vacuum chamber which provides significant advantages over traditional solvent based deposition methods, thus decreasing production costs and reducing environmental impact.
|Basic Unit||Selection Component|
|Coating Width||17" to 80" (450mm ~ 2,000mm)||Monomer Delivery||Vapor or Liquid Monomer|
|Roll Diameter||24" max.||Curing||E-Beam Plasma or UV Source|
||Deposition||Thermal Sputtering or E-Beam Gun|
|Rough Pumping||Dry Pump Plus Blower||Measurement & Monitor System||In-line PEM Thickness Monitor|
|High Vacuum Pumping||Diffusion||
|Power Source||380V, 3Ph, 50Hz||
|Cooling Water||20 gpm @ 30 psi 25||
|Compressed Air||70 psi Filtered||
- Organic coating in the vacuum environment
- Optically clear, transparent and pinhole free films
- Complete organic and inorganic process simultaneously
- Consistent uniformity and coating thickness control for very thin layers
- A wide range of surface properties available from hydrophilic to superhydrophobic coatings
- Coating formulations can be utilized that are unavailable with traditional coating methods
The HMLTM Web Coater can be used for variety of applications such as: hard coat films, packaging materials, barrier films and many other functional coatings.